Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Out The Window





Outside the sun dances on the horizon
The sky gives way to a cloudy eve
Non-shalantly the wind picks up its brute force
Allowing a single leaf to glide along the atmosphere
The crimson leaf is everything I ever wanted to be
With nothing to hold it back but its willingness to explore where
the breeze may take it
It remains just long enough to hug the recently sun kissed ground
I look on to take in the fantastic slide show nature offers
The dull gray clouds lavish the land below with a cool, sweet wetness
Plump raindrops greedily pound the window as if forcing their way into my world
Across the street, unaware of my curious eyes a little boy jumps
into a muddy puddle
He plays merrily as if the gloominess of the night has not yet affected him
A child's playground is formed as the puddles multiply
The rain reluctantly retreats from which it came
The pavement now glistens beneath a cloudless sky
Lazily, I close the blinds unable to determine what the heavens will play for me tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment